First problem: the builder org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore.DependencyGraphBuilder and the nature org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.web.WebNature have disappeared. It seems to enough to remove them from .project file
Second problem: my webapps which where deploying seemlessly on WTP 0.7 with Tomcat 5.5 are running like dogs under 1.0M8. Each time I edit a jsp file, it quicks in the builder, and wtp needs to republish the entire webapp to the server, reloading the context in the process. This renders quick editing almost impossible. and I don't event speak about modifying a java class on the fly.
Third problem: saving a jsp or java file is now really slow (probably linked to pb#2)
May be I screwed up my server settings or my projects settings. but I tried a clean eclipse install, a clean server definition, a clean projects checkout, with the same result.
I tried a demo app LowAirFare which works very well and doesn't republish on jsp editing, but does republish on class editing.
I really like to understand why my webapp gets republished when I edit a JSP.
I guess I'll have to revert to 0.7 until those issues are worked out.